Wednesday, April 29, 2009

 

This Week at Stone Soup...

Katrina's feeling generous again!

From her blog:
I’m offering two books, to go to two different people. These are both books I couldn’t wait to get and ate up within two days of receiving. Though they are dramatically different, I loved them both, and I’ll write a more complete review in the next day or two.

The books are:

Something About Her by Jeannie Ruesch. This is a category romance set in the Regency period, but Jeannie had me convinced there was no possible way she would pull off the happy-ever-ending romance requires. I was heartbroken too because I adored both the main characters and really wanted the fairy-tale ending for them. But … no spoilers, right? ;-)

Tender Graces by Kathryn Magendie. This one’s more literary, about a girl who escapes her rough West Virginia mountain childhood and returns as an adult to find things were not quite as she remembered them. An exquisite book that shows an obscure culture with a brutal honesty mingled with gentleness.


Use this link for entry info and all that. Hurry! You only have until Sunday!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?