Monday, December 1, 2008

 

Public Service Announcement:

Susan here. I'm sad.

I've known Dewey since around the time she started blogging. I don't remember how we met or what brought us together, but what a great woman. It was almost sad to see her blog grow in popularity because she had less time to hang around the Meet and Greet with me. I liked having her there. She had a level-headedness that I wished for. And her knowledge of books...

Like you guys, I'm in mourning (although my shock's not quite so bad; I'd known she had health issues, although never what they were nor quite how bad). We've lost a good person, a true champion of the written word.

May we all do our best to continue the great literary deeds she taught us about. And may we even surpass them. And the community she brought together. Oh, what a tragedy to lose that. We can't let that happen. We just can't.

Rest easy, Dewey. I know you're watching us. I hope you approve.

Comments:
Thanks for this post, Susan...like everyone else, I'm sad and shocked at the loss of such a wonderful person. She set "the standard" for being a community.
 
Susan, I am still in shock and saddend. I have been spending the evening going from bolg to blog reading all of the tributes. Dewey will be greatly missed!
 
My heart is heavy with the news.
 
Such a sad thing, Dewey will be missed by so many. She was a wonderful person, her dedication and passion for the book blogging community was amazing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?