Friday, October 17, 2008

 

Winning at Win a Book

Breeni and I have been discussing the idea of posting the winnings of our Win a Book readers. From time to time, you've told us that you've won something.

We like to celebrate, Breeni and I (and everyone else, too. I think Bridget is baking cookies for the party.). Which means we ought to celebrate the success we have in finding great new reads.

To get things started, here are some books that have come our way lately...

Breeni won "that Star Wars book she was trying to win."

Yeah, that's a quote from her e-mail to me. 'Nuff said, there...

And me, I won a copy of the new David Liss book, The Whiskey Rebels, from LisaLynne at Minds Alive on the Shelves. Whee! I love David Liss. When my book club read his Conspiracy of Paper, Mr. Liss and I e-mailed about it a bit. Nice guy.

Today's trip to the old PO Box turned out to be rather interesting, too. Waiting for me was a book from St. Martin's Press. No note. Just a book and a catalog from the MacMillan Publishers Reading Group Gold.

Now, I register my book club all over the place. I'm always on the lookout for new books to show my awesome group, and since we have a narrow focus (Jewish literature, or books by Jews that aren't necessarily about Jewish topics), any help I can get is welcome. I suspect that's how this book found me and it's certainly one I'd like to show the group, even though we try to stay away from the Holocaust. You know how it is... you get a group of people who are too closely related to a topic and they have a hard time reading about it.

ANYWAY, the book is Sarah's Key, the much-buzzed-about historical novel by Tatiana de Rosnay. I'm excited to have it here. Hopefully the group will feel the same.


There ya go... two, maybe three winners here at the Win a Book hub. Have you won anything? Gotten your picture taken with an author because of an appearance we've told you about?

If you've gotten turned onto something new because of us, we want to know about it.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I've not won yet, but will let you know if I do. :)
 
I just won Nefertiti and I've been entering every contest I could find for that and I finally won. Yippee!! I love what you all are doing. Thanks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?